We’re taking a little vacation, so I won’t be posting here for about a week. I’m actually hoping, halfway, that the place we’ll be staying doesn’t have Internet access.
In the meantime, let’s pretend you’re at the Hollywood Bowl, or at Tanglewood, under the stars on a warm night…
1. Yehudi Menuhin with Sir Adrian Boult and ??? Orchestra, Beethoven Romance for Violin in F Major
2. Gidon Kremer with Leonard Bernstein and the Vienna Philharmonic, Brahms Violin Concerto (third movement)
3. Sharon Kam with ??? Orchestra, Mozart Clarinet Concerto (second movement). Unfortunately, it cuts off abruptly, but it’s still worth hearing.
4. John Williams & Julian Bream, Debussy, Clair de Lune, arranged for two guitars.
5. Sergei Nakariakov with Concertgebouw Orchestra, Jean-Baptiste Arban, Carnival of Venice.
Drive home carefully!